Vets in Dumfries and the Surrounding Areas
Charnwood Veterinary Centre is a 3 vet practice based in the heart of Dumfries. We cater for companion animals and agricultural livestock in and around Dumfries. Our vets, Richard Payne, Alasdair Barclay and Sian Williams each have over 20 years experience in general practice.
The Practice has been in existence at its current location for over 75 years, in 2009 the premises were totally rebuilt and new up to date equipment installed.
We are a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Tier 2 accredited practice for both companion animals and farm animals.
The practice is open from 9am to 7pm weekdays and 9am to 1pm Saturdays. Consulting times are 1.30pm - 2pm and 6pm - 7pm weekdays and 12noon - 1pm Saturdays. These are open access surgeries. Appointments can be made between 9am and 9.30 am and between 4pm and 5pm weekdays and also between 9am and 9.30am Saturdays.
We operate a 24 hour 365 days emergency service where you will always have direct access to one of our vets.
For pet owners we provide:
- 1st opinion consultations
- Hospitalisation facilities
- Ultrasound scanning
- Digital x-ray facilities
- In house laboratory
- Referrals to top specialists if required
- Pet grooming and clipping by experienced and trained groomers
- Modern operating facilities using latest anaesthetic techniques
For farm clients we provide:
- Routine visits
- Herd health planning
- Ultrasound scanning for fertility
- 365 day a year dispensary
- Prompt attention to sick or injured animals
- Access to Scottish Agricultural College specialists and laboratory facilities
For more information about us or any of the services we provide, don't hesitate to get in touch. You can reach us using the contact details opposite or by filling out the simple enquiry form on our contact us page.